Getting after it in 2018: A goal setting guide for those who hate setting goals
January 02, 20182 min read
Goal setting isn't really my thing. For some reason it always seems forced and mechanical to me, especially at the new year. I know the overall idea of growth and improvement is essential. It's how we stay on track and productive. How we become the best version of ourselves. I've decided to create a version that feels authentic to me. Here's my take on setting intention for the new year...
1. Take a look at your daily life. What lights you up? What makes you unhappy? What would you like to see change? Am I finding ways to show gratitude and love?
2. Write it all down. For me, it has to be framed in a positive light. If someone tells me I can't do something then it's all downhill from there. I'm doing it just because you told me not to. I like to frame my ideas in a "less vs more" mentality. I find it brings a sense of balance and light into how I want to live my life.
3. Be sure to look at all aspects of life. Family, health, spiritual, educational. Get it all down.
4. Set some sort of plan you are excited about! For example, I've broken mine into 12 inspirations that I'm tackling. One for each month. This month it's about rekindling my love of reading. All the crazy good, binge worthy tv shows have taken over my free time and it's now time for me to push back. I'm not saying I won't be watching me a bit of Girlboss but it's all about balance. I've picked out a few books for the month and I can't wait to dive in.
5. Have fun with it. Goals and intentions are made to bring joy and accomplishment into our lives. Part of that joy should be in the process. Involve your family + friends. Get social with what's motivating you! I'm going to be doing a read-aloud with the kids this month and I'll be chatting about my book finds on social media and Pinterest if you want to follow along!
Have fun and get after it!
Ps...I've made a copy of my 2018 intentions. Check them out below.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …